Thursday, May 7, 2009

I felt the baby kick!

I was so excited yesterday morning while doing the morning feeding. We have been trying to decide if Beauty is really pregnant or not. She definetely is! After graining her, I stood watching her sides to see if I could detect movement. Sure enough, I did. So I put my hand to her side and received a healthy wallop! The children were so excited when I told them Beauty's baby kicked me, although they thought she or he was already born. I took the boys out last night for the night feeding, and after we grained the goat and horse, both boys felt her stomach. Zach accidently clanged the buckets together and startled the baby, we watched it give a mighty kick as soon as the buckets hit together. We are looking forward to the due date, which is suppose to be June 1st. So, watch for more pictures to come of hopefully a healthy foal!

More babies will most likely make their presence known. Our kitten, Minnie, now almost 11 months, is due. Her sides are swelling tremendously! We thought we had time to get her fixed before this happened. Oh well, the kids are excited about these babies too! Here are a few pics of the mamas to be!

1 comment:

farmermarvswife said...

I like he name of your cat! : )