Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Noah update



Here is a picture of Noah's burn after 5 days.
It looked worse after 5 days than it did after 2 hrs. I snapped this while we were at the doctor's office on Saturday morning, waiting on the Dr. to come in and check. I had to take Noah back again on Monday morning, making it a trip to the Dr.s every 48 hours for the first week. On Wednesday, Shawn and I are to try to dress it and check on it ourselves. I watched the nurse on Saturday, she had a different technique than our regular Dr. had in dressing the burn. I thought to myself, I hope he doesn't get an infection from the way this is being done. Well, on Monday, our reg. Dr. John said it was starting to get red, and he put him on medicine, just to be safe. Unless it gets redder, our next trip back is scheduled for Friday.

Here is a picture of the green cast the different nurse put on on Saturday.
He was very fussy on Saturday afternoon/ evening. I think a lot of it had to do with the wrap, hurting his little foot. It wasn't soft like the other one, and didn't bend when he walked. He has the original type of cast on now, and doing much better!

1 comment:

farmermarvswife said...

sorry about your little guys burn -- hope it has healed more by now. just read your blog about it. you can enter in more to Clay's situations and all that family has gone through.