Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dora's hospital stay

Well, the hotel I mentioned in my previous post, was actually a hospital stay. Shawn jokingly referred to it as my hotel stay, but it was far from that! I started having more noticeable upper right quadrant stomach pains than I have been experiencing for the past 11 mos. with symptoms coming on as soon as I ate or drank, and lasting 3 or 4 hours, then fading some. Wednesday, March 2, after supper and while getting ready to go to meeting, the pain was a lot sharper and I decided the time had come to get checked out since it wasn't going away. Shawn and I took the children to Dad's, meeting was there, around 7:10, and Shawn took me to the ER. The ER Doc said he was 90 percent certain he saw gallstones, and I would have my gallbladder taken out in the morning. So, I was admitted. However, after another ultrasound in the morning revealed I did not have stones, no surgery. I was still in pain on Thursday, so they kept me Thursday night, and then did a CT scan on Friday, which was normal. Finally, I was dismissed on Sat at noon, with no explanation to the pain. It is much better, but still comes now and again. Anyway, that's where we are right now.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Mom told me about everything...I was going to call you at the beginning of this week but Marshall has been sick so I never got around to it. Hope you are feeling better:) Love ya!