Friday, June 24, 2011

Moved in!

We have officially moved into the schoolroom, however, we haven't actually done school work yet! We LOVE our new room. Thanks so much to Dad,(Grandpa), for all the labor and love he poured into our room. I spent several hours this afternoon unpacking boxes and trying to find a spot for all the books. I didn't freeze while I did it either, which was our number one reason for moving out of the basement. Dad is going to add an additional homemade bookcase with a custom built toy box under it for Noah, so during school time I can keep track of him and we won't have to carry toys in and out all the time. Looking forward to putting the room to use, but I'm not rushing summer. We are enjoying our vacation. On Monday we took a field trip with my sisters to a local water park. It was fabulous! Very cloudy day, in fact, it ended up raining for about an hour of our time there, but that keep the crowd down to only a few dozen people or so. We had a great time, I think I enjoyed going down the water slides,(both with and without tubes) as much as Hannah and Zach did. We even talked Aunt Diana and Aunt Angie into trying them out! A huge thank you goes to Aunt Diana and Aunt Angie for paying for breakfast, our admission, a snack, and even our supper! Thanks Angie for finding this great spot, we'll be sure to return.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun there! Thanks for taking us there Mom!

Tamara Erickson said...

How exciting! We've been going through school books the past couple of days here, too. Seeing what we have and what we need to order. I think all of us are looking forward to starting school again, but until then we're enjoying our break.