Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Busy weeks!

Hi! What a busy 2 weeks we have had. Lots of things to post, and will probably forget some of it, but the most important one, Noah is now a walker!!! He took a couple of steps on his own last Wed. (5-27-09), and by Fri. (5-29-09) he was walking across the room on his own. If possible, he is now into more than he was before. His favorite game to play is put things in the trash and see if Mommy notices!

A few posts back I mentioned one of the kittens were missing. Momma Cat, Minnie, kept wanting in and out of the garage. I finally went to the area she keeps coming from, listening, and I heard a faint meow coming from a very large brush pile. Minnie hoped in and crawled to the bottom. I climbed to the top and looked down, and there was the missing kitten! She had been going back and forth almost a week. Poor little kitten outside by itself, while other 4 were in the dry garage. I couldn't leave it, so Zach and I climbed on top and after almost 1 hour, many cuts, bruises, and several days of a banged up shoulder and back, I rescued the lone kitten. Just as I had hold of it, Minnie brings another kitten in the pile. I quickly grabbed that one and promptly deposited both back into their box. Minnie must have the urge to move them, the next day while I was volunteering at school, we came home to an empty box. I knew they were somewhere in the garage since she was shut in. Finally found them in a different box under a desk!


Kids are now officially done with school, although this summer, I am working with them to keep what they learned fresh in their minds. As soon as school starts up in the fall, they have achievement tests they both have to take. They really enjoyed the end of year carnival, and field day. The little boys and I went for both events, so fun watching my children having fun!

My niece also graduated on Sat. the 23rd. Her party was on Sunday. I can't believe the little 3 year old that I loved bringing to the farm when I first started dating Shawn has graduated!

A family friend came to spend the week, hoping to help Dad make hay. Weather didn't cooperate, but we were able to use his help for our barn! He installed 2 cross windows in our barn, for lighting, and for the breeze. What a difference it made!


Beauty hasn't had her foal yet, which most likely means she will be having a boy. She is showing signs it will be soon, she was due on the 1st.


Last night, Shawn helped stack the first cutting of square bales. Dad cut and round baled about 3 wks ago, now he is working on square bales. He has a field down that he was hoping to get baled last night, but a storm came up and it has been drizzling on and off all day.


The electric fence is up and running! We finished on Memorial Day, and turned the horse and goat out. They enjoyed exploring their new area. We also gave Beauty her first bath since we bought her. It was so hot (94 degrees with about 70 percent humidity) that I think she enjoyed it.


Let me see, found kitten, rescued 2 kittens, carnival day, field day, graduation,electric fence, new barn window, Beauty bath, and oh yeah, Zach is having more problems with his mouth. He had a slide accident on Mothers Day, and hit his jaw hard enough the dentist said if it was an adult, it would have shattered their jaw. It has caused the roots of a tooth to die, so he is scheduled to have it removed and a spacer inserted. Wow, what a long post, sorry!! Here is a picture of the kittens today. Their eyes are starting to open!

No comments: