Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Zach found a fawn!

Yesterday afternoon, while I was cleaning out the barn, the children were playing in the yard with the baby goats and on their swing set. I ran in the house to grab something and Hannah comes tearing in the house completely breathless saying, "Come quick there's a deer in our swing set!!" I fly out the house collecting the 5 children not sure what I'd find(one attacked our house dog,Maggie, last fall). Between the mini slide and big play gym, there I found the baby fawn! Zachariah found it while doing the monkey bars. He thought he was seeing things due to the medication he received earlier from the dentist(pulled a tooth that he cracked on a slide accident on Mothers Day that had a bad case of infection and the dentist put in a spacer) and called for Emily to see if it was really a fawn. I was able to get some pictures.Can you see him?We put up more hay last night, 277 bales. That brings the total to close to 1375. Not bad for a first cutting, small operation farm! Dad said last night he has 4 more fields to cut and then we'll have a break till 2nd cutting. Both baby goats are finally nursing from their bottles really well. Hannah, Zach and Josh help feed them their bottles. I am so thankful they have the privelage of farm life, even though we don't live on a farm(we have 3 1/2 acres). Just enough for our animals and the kids to have freedom to run and play. Getting ready for meeting here this evening, so I'll get back to work. :)

2 comments:

farmermarvswife said...

aww... the fawn! they are so precious to find that way but I'm sure the doe was near by. your other babies sound fun and interesting, too! glad you are getting hay done .. not too much rain on it! we'll be doing 2nd. crop before long.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my fawn pictures!! They are the cutest things! I love your pictures...how neat for the kids to find him!! Hope to see you all at Sharon!