Saturday, January 23, 2010

Recovering

I had shoulder surgery yesterday. A previous injury to it in Oct. 09, caused 2 bone spurs to grow, interrupting my tendon. So a surgeon took them off. I was scheduled for 10 A.M. arrival time, surgery to start at 11. However, the doctor had another surgery scheduled at the hospital that ran over. So, I didn't go to the O.R. until a little after noon. The surgery was very quick, 15-25 minutes. I reacted strongly to the pain med he shot into my shoulder, and had a difficult recovery. Excessive itching, pain, and then my heart started hurting. I only remember a little about recovery, but I remember telling a nurse my heart hurt, and she said my blood pressure was fine. Then I heard her say, "Oh no, her pulse is dropping. Get the doctor stat, its in the low 40's." So, the doctor came in and order another shot of something to bring my pulse back up. The combination of all the pain pills, Benadryl for itching, and whatever the shot was for my pulse, caused a very long recovery time. I couldn't wake up, and was barely with it when we left, around 4 :30! Poor Shawn, he was stuck taking care of me and watching after our 4 little ones! Made for a long day for the 5 of them. Good to be home today though, still having a low pulse when I take the pain med. or benadryl, not sure which one.
Shawn has the children playing outside, and I feel the need for another nap coming on. Here is a picture of my bandaged shoulder, will post another one when bandage comes off.
The suburban is in the shop, getting 2 new doors, and a new center post from the accident. Estimated damage was $4,982. The insurance companies are arguing over who has to pay. In the meantime, we are driving a rental van, hoping they settle quickly. Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

farmermarvswife said...

you've had some 'interesting' days....hope all comes out ok. We are enjoying TX. Our last weekend home was interesting, too. The kids were all home for their dad's b'day and our oldest son and wife got a call that there was a baby for them in Kansas City area...to make a long story short..they went home and then all night drive to KC and had custody of baby and in motel by noon Sunday...it was special to be able to see them on the way to TX..needless to say they are thrilled and all looks good for a successful adoption...its been a long and at times bumpy road for them to get to this point. all for now, Minnie

Memories To Keep said...

Yes, it has been interesting. Glad to hear about your son and his wife's ability for the adoption. What a lucky little lady, to have a family that loves and wants her! I'm sure they have had many heartache and anxiety up to this point, we have 2 sets of friends that waited a long time for adoption, one received theirs 2 years ago after 2 yrs of waiting, the other has been waiting 4 yrs, and still waiting! Best wishes for the new little family, and the new grandparents! Dora