Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!

We enjoyed Thanksgiving here this year, with some of my mother's family. Shawn and I enjoyed some quality time in the kitchen, preparing the turkey..:) He was such a sweetheart and stayed up with me until 3:30 a.m. on Thanksgiving day, while I baked an apple and a cherry pie, cleaned the house, and then he helped me prepare the turkey for the oven. I got back up at 7 a.m. to turn the oven up and peel potatoes, and in between folded all the laundry I had let pile up this week.
We had a huge feast, so much food that it took awhile to figure out where to put all of it! My newest camera is officially broken, it had been acting up and now it only takes black pictures with purple lines on it, so,,, I couldn't get any pictures. :(.. I will just tell you what we had, (it may be boring to read all of this, but for memories sake I will record it:),,,)
A 21.66 lb turkey, that cost $19.33(thought in several years it might be nice to see how much things cost back then), a huge ham, homemade mashed potatoes and turkey and ham gravy(from scratch), stuffing, crescent rolls, sweet potatoe casserole, baked corn, corn, butter beans with ham, cole slaw, beets, jello with fruit, dirt dessert, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin pie, grape salad, and apple and cherry pie. I think that was everything. Our refreshments were lemonaide, sweet tea, Pepsi, Root Beer, and water.
Our guests included my Dad, sister Diana, brother Tad, and his wife, Sandy, and their child Emily. My Mom's Mom, Grandma Hattie, and 2 of Mom's brothers, Uncle Terry and Uncle Billy and his wife, Aunt Marilyn, and their 2 children( daughter Leigh and her husband,J.C., and son Will) and 3 grandchildren(Mariah, MaKayla, and Marshall). We had a wonderful time and it was very special to spend time with Mom's family. Makes me miss her so much, thankful for the time we had with her though.
Shawn's Mom and Dad had a nice get together for Thanksgiving at their house the Sat. evening before. We had a nice time visiting with his family too.
Special note of interest,,, Noah is binky free! I was sure I would have a hard time taking it away, and here he gave it up on his own, 2 weeks ago. He had fallen asleep with out it on Friday, the 12th. Then on Saturday we kept busy the whole day, and he didn't ask for it like he normally does, and fell asleep again without it, and didn't ask for it until late Sunday night. I told him he didn't need it anymore and he just said, "Ohhh" and that was the end of binky's in Noah's mouth! Now he is sucking his first finger,,, from one issue to another. On another good note, he is basically potty trained now, he just did that on his own this weekend. He started taking himself to the potty, even to poo! YEAH, NOAH!!! We are so proud of you, our last little baby is sure growing up fast and in a hurry.
Well, Shawn is reading a story to the older children, while Noah is piling my desk with toy dogs, and tractors saying,"Here's your toys, Mom", so I guess I will go play with him. Good night.

No comments: