Saturday, January 22, 2011

Josh is reading!

After only 106 days of homeschooling, my little one in kindergarten read his first book The Tin Bus with only a handful of words he didn't know. Not that I'm bragging, but I think this is amazing because he only knew a few of his letters when we started. Now he is learning their letter sounds and putting them together to read. Here is the words of the book he read.
The Tin Bus
Sam has a bus. It is a tin bus.
Sam can run his bus on the rug.
Sam can hum and run his bus.
The sun is on the rug. Sam will sit in the sun.
Sam can run his bus in the son. It is fun to run the bus in the sun.
"Can I have my bus in the tub?" Sam says. "Yes," Mom says.
Sam can run his bus in the tub! Sam can have fun in the tub with the bus!
That may be a boring post, but I thought Josh might like to see that when he is older, Lord willing. I don't even know the first books Hannah and Zachariah read in kindergarten, I am sorry I didn't know of K12 when they were wee ones. Every time we bring out the books, I want to remember how blessed I am to be able t o teach my children, both knowledge and most important about our Heavenly Father and His Son.

No comments: