Thursday, July 7, 2011

Roses for Momma, today's her birthday

I was blessed with the greatest Mother a girl could ever hope to have. Although I thought I was young to lose her when I was only 28(29 a month and a half later), at least I had more time than many others had. I'm sorry for Josh and Noah, who will never know their maternal grandmother, and sorry for Hannah and Zach, who miss her and tell me they are starting to forget what her voice sounded like and what she smelled like, and for Dad too, who I know struggles with the pain of separation, but I'm so thankful to know Mom is safe from fighting with the devil, and she is at peace with the One she served. I'm thankful she and Dad brought me up in the truth, thankful to have God loving parents who left me an example how to raise my children. I miss being able to call Mom with questions, glad I know One who knows the answers. Today was her birthday, remembering and missing her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss her too.:( I know what it feels like to lose a grandma, but I bet it hurts a lot worse losing a Mom.
Hannah