Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Restoring Weekend

We enjoyed a week-end away this past week-end. TJ & Lindsey's wedding was Sat. and Hannah was one of the flower girls. We went up Friday, had rehersal Friday evening, then to CiCi's for the rehersal dinner. Spent night in a hotel with over 100 clowns! There was some sort of clown convention, and the kids had 2 different clowns give them animal balloons, not to mention how many we ran into in their "gig"!! Then to the wedding on Saturday afternoon and a beautiful reception after. (Especially thankful for prayer Sandra gave for the food, about storms in life and there can be a rainbow at the end. I want to be able to see the rainbows and be thankful for storms that come no matter how much they hurt, to help me strengthen my relationship with God.) Then we stayed another night with Troy & Jody and boys and to meeting in the morning. Home in the late afternoon. Was a much needed break and a chance for Shawn and myself to spend many hours together talking, remembering, and determined to make our marriage last when you see so many crumbling. Thankful God imparts needed strength it takes to make a marriage work. Always want to remember with Him controlling our lives, we can.

So, after downloading my pictures I realized I didn't get a chance to take a picture of bride and groom, but I do have one I'll share that I love. It was taken at the rehersal. Also one of Hannah in her beautiful dress. Take note of the tiara atop her head. We won't mention what it took to get 2 pre-teens ready for the wedding. Thanks Jody for your patience!!

No comments: