Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Snow already??!

Couldn't believe it when I woke up Monday(11/17) to find almost an inch of snow outside! We haven't had snow that stuck to the ground this early for a long time. It was mostly all melted by 10, but after we put the kids on the bus, Josh wanted to know if we could go snow ridding! I was really impressed for a 3 year old to remember how much fun snow can be. It was fun putting Noah up to the back door and watching his eyes and the expression on his face as he watched the soft big fluffy flakes coming down. Was he saying "I see one over here, Mommy, wait... Now its over here,, wait I see another,, what is this stuff??" Don't you wonder what goes on in these tiny little minds?
We also had a 2 hr delay yesterday from school, more snow with black ice this time. Kids enjoyed their chance at a late start, however, they didn't sleep in as I was hoping, they got up and started playing, frantically trying to catch every moment they could. Amazing that this young they realize how quickly time is passing. I don't remember thinking a bit about time while growing up, seems like it lasted forever. Wonder if its because we don't take time anymore just to be, we are always doing? I remember playing for hours and never having to rush here or go there.. now many times I interrupt the kids playing with "Come on guys, Mommy has to go to work and clean." Anyway, looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas break so I can enjoy my little ones to myself and not have to share with school. And who knows, maybe several snow days! I may have an updated post after their days off school though, with a glad they are back in school if they spend all their time off fighting!!
Back to the mission I started this week of going through everything, and getting rid of stuff we don't use or don't have room for. Shawn loves this current mood I'm in, he says "I've been telling you for years to get rid of junk", while Hannah says, "I hope I never get in one of those moods when I grow up. MOMMY, you're getting rid of everything!!!" Can't you just hear her emphasize my name. Well, better get as much done as I can while it lasts and before I start rethinking what I'm tossing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally got to read your blog!! It is great to see what ya'll are up to these days!! You go girl...with your cleaning out mood :)) It's funny my Mom never liked it when I got into those moods...especially when it was HER stuff, ha! Hope to see ya soon!
Dorothy L.