Sunday, September 4, 2011

Wonderful start for a new year, refreshing at conventions

We had the privilege of 2 full conventions in August. So much was shared, our cups truly run over. I love how God knows exactly what we need to hear, and can speak to us through others laboring with the gospel, that we haven't even meet, yet they speak of things that are in our hearts. At Y.S. on Saturday, Aug. 20th, 2011 during the evening gospel meeting, our oldest 2 boys made their choice to serve God. Zach is 10, Josh is only 6. There were 4 that professed, or rufessed as Josh calls it :)., one of the other 2 was our friends little boy, Jayden, who is only 9, and a 15 or 16yr old girl. My friend Amy's oldest boy,Weston,15, was one of 5 that was baptized. On Saturday, Aug. 27th, 2011, Hannah,12, was baptized (only one). Then that evening, Tad (my brother), and Ellie(Hannah's friend) professed. So, our little meeting has 3 new ones taking part.
A few thoughts that have stayed with me: You can't lead someone any further than you are willing to go yourself, God is trying to get us to stop talking and start listening, You don't have to be perfect parents, with the perfect home, to raise perfect children, The faith God's people have is not just words on their lips.
I don't know why God speaks to me, or has blessed me with a man that walks with Him, and has given me 4 children that I long to return to Him, (thankful for 3 that have felt their need to live for Him((Noah tries, but at 3, he has a bit more to learn))), but I owe Him my life and am so thankful He does want me to be His child.

No comments: