Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cold snap, more snow!

Like many others, we had a cold snap a couple days ago. At 10:30p.m. on Thursday, we had -10 on our porch. I can only imagine how cold it was at 2 or 3a.m.! It started snowing again late last night, and we had a couple new inches of snow this morning. Now it is snowing pretty good again.
Today, Shawn and I took our children out sled riding. I'll post a couple of pictures. We had one mishap while sledding. Shawn and Zach had both just rode down the hill and I was trying to get Josh on his sled and sent down the hill to Shawn (while holding Noah), and Hannah was on her sled behind me. I was just about to let him go, when Hannah slipped on her sled and came barrelling into me from behind. It knocked me off balance, and I fell sideways,backward onto Hannah.(It was either throw myself that way, or land on Josh, or fall on Noah the other way and risk sending him down the hill in his snowsuit.) I ended up sprawled somehow over Hannah with Noah on top of both of us. Shawn said he wished he had that on video! Poor Hannah got my arm in her face, and received a bloody nose. Hoping it didn't break! She has a mark on the side of her nose, and her eye is turning blue/purple. Didn't keep her from wanting to stay out though! I was only out with Noah for a little while,his first time out. When I brought him back in the house, he started crying when I took off his snowsuit!


Noah also had another first today. He pulled himself up to the couch, but didn't know what to do, so he let go. Of course, down he went. It startled him, but soon he started laughing and trying this new trick again. Tooth #4 is also now in. He now has this little habit he has started while nursing. You guessed it, biting! Not hard, but enough to get a reaction out of me. The bad thing is he knows he is doing it because he gets a little smirk on his face, bites, and then laughs! Of course, I act upset and say"NO!", all the while trying not to laugh with him because I know these little pinches can turn into big problems in the future. I've tried putting him on the floor quickly and now I stop nursing him when he does this. Hoping this is just a stage he is going through and will pass soon. Here is a picture of the newest tooth.

Well, it is my turn to head out to the barn for the evening feedings, and since it is now dark, I best get my chores done. Safe traveling to you all, and enjoy the snow. Spring will be here and gone before we know it!

No comments: