Thursday, January 22, 2009

Warmer???

I wonder how it can be that 17 degrees can actually feel warm? I guess compared to the -1 degree from the past two mornings, that could account for something. The snow is actually starting to melt now. I have kept track, and for the past 2 weeks, we've had snow on the ground. Are you considered old if you say a sentence like,"Remeber when?".... Well, I was remembering when we were little children and snow was on the ground all winter. Then in March or April when it started melting we were so excited to see "green" grass. It was like after 4 months of seeing snow, you kinda forgot what grass looked like! This is the longest we've had snow on the ground for awhile. Hannah always likes to ask,"Mommy, back in the olden days, you know, when you was little..?" I don't consider the 80's the olden days but anyway, some day my children may grow older and say," I remember back in 09 there was snow on the ground for 2 weeks! Leigh, do you remember the olden days?:-)Does Mariah ask you that, too?
The sun is out full force now, and the temperature has went up 23 degrees since 6 this morning(we actually have 40 in the sun!). So, enjoy looking at your white wonderlands while you can.

No comments: