Friday, February 13, 2009

4 years, still miss Mom

Today makes 4 years since Mom passed away. Sometimes it seems so long ago, sometimes it still hurts like yesterday. But more times I can remember with a smile. I guess it is true, time heals all things. What hurts the most is Josh and Noah never getting to meet her. She at least knew about Josh. I suppose in her heart she knew me well enough to figure I'd have another baby if possible. Funny how Moms know more about us than we do. Zach always says, "How did you know that?" I say,"It's a Mom thing." Thankful that I had a wonderfully patient, super loving, dying to self daily type of Mom. One that loved me so much, and yet loved God even more. One that had equal love for each of her 5 children and all the grandchildren. Even the ones she wasn't around so much, she loved them all the same. Makes me think of God, and how he loves those closest to Him, and even those that don't remember Him or draw close to Him.
Today also makes 13 years since my (paternal) Grandma passed away. They both passed away from the same thing(pancreatic cancer). My heart goes out to Dad, losing the 2 most important women in his life on the same day, 9 years apart.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm thinking of you today. I'm sorry, but glad for the happy memories! See you tomorrrrroooowww!!

Anonymous said...

I realy felt bad that day. I miss her alot.



from H